The best time for kai and mama to chat is bath time. The other day she started telling me “mama I like only two boys Param and Manush from my class. I do not like any other boys”. Just like any other conversation, I asked her “why? Is it that you do not like the other boys” to this my little one replied “oh! Because they are all naughty boys”. Out of curiosity, I asked the obvious question that why are they all naughty? This in fact begins our conversation
“That is because they beat everyone”
A worried mother, I asked, “Is it? Do they beat you as well?”
“Oh no! Nobody beats me (actually dares to was what her body language said)”
“Why”
“That’s because everyone knows that I catch snakes. I tell them that I will throw a snake on them if they beat me”
“Oh!”
“there was this guy pratham who said that if you throw a snake on me, I will take it and throw it off”
and the little one retorted “In that case I will get a crocodile and put it on your head” (this was because of a recent trip to Chennai Croc Bank where the father daughter duo were holding a croc.)
My God, I never knew such things were going on in her mind. Actually I heard quite some complains from her saying about someone beating her, or someone taking her sand toys, etc.
And I felt look at this self-protection mechanism in a four year old.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment