Deciding on the right school for your kid is definitely a tough decision in these days when we have so many choices and different schools marketing themselves with different features. I m sure as a parent everyone of us would have faced this confusion and some of us would have felt that a combination of these schools would have been best for my child.
After having gone through all of this, we had finalised a school for kai, which we thought was the right one for us - kai, Ri and me. We had shortlisted a few school and I had been to these schools before making the final decision. I would stand outside the school gate to talk to parents who would come to pick up their child. This was all because we were not very much for a very strict school with too much burden on the child however at the same time we realised that we also wanted some discipline to be present in the schools. Distance of the school was also my biggest concern as i did not want a school that was too far. Since both of us have studied in a missionary school, we were a bit keen on putting kai also in a missionary school. However, we opted out of this as one of the schools was a girls school and also both the schools didnot fit into our criteria.
We selected her school considering all the aspects that mattered to us and after we felt that this was the best one for her. However, i still would continue to talk to people about different schools and was always eager to hear their reviews.
Having heard different reviews, my biggest concern was that my daughter has to be herself in the school also. She is a talkatvie, curious, creative, nature loving person. I have seen kids who are altogether different at school and at home. I was always concerned that the school should help her be the person she is - of course, I understand that certain things need to taught to her in school and how the school cannot do this under all circumstances. But i feel this for my daughter who is quite matured, understands instructions and also can understand right and wrong when explained properly. I have always tried to explain things to her rather than dictating things.
Kai's school has a screen displayed outside the school and it screens the photographs of the children and various celebrations that they hold. Today I saw the pictures of the Green Day celebration that they did at school. Kai was supposed to sing her poem on "A Green World" whcih she sang at the recitation competition and was awarded 3 stars for "outstanding performance". I saw these pictures and other pictures of the green day. I also saw the playful side of Kai at the visit to the vegetable and fruit garden in their school. She had her differnt funny poses and it made me think that "Yes! my daughter contuinues to be the same in school and at home".
I was happy for the choice that we made!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment